History & Mission
The Resort Hotel Association was organized in 1987 by a group of resort owners and managers to develop and administer insurance products and services customized to the needs of the resort industry. Members formed a risk-purchasing group and more recently a Vermont-domiciled captive insurance company.
RHA works with brokers and insurance companies to develop and administer property and casualty programs for its members. It also provides an array of member services, including claims management, loss control and promotions. RHA is professionally managed by a full-time president and staff. An active board of directors comprises representatives of its member resorts. The board meets three times a year, and encourages non-board members to attend and actively participate.
To provide high quality, stable, comprehensive, and cost-effective insurance products and other services designed for and by member hospitality properties.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Developing long-term relationships with our members built on trust, confidence, and shared values;
- Demonstrating financial success by striving to keep costs down, products affordable, and prices reasonable;
- Ensuring that the design of our products and services will meet the needs of our customers;
- Ensuring that our member’s claims are resolved in an equitable, timely, and effective manner;
- Providing effective loss control and risk managements services; and
- Being an employer of choice among similar organizations in order to attract and retain the most talented staff.
To be the first choice among independent hospitality properties for insurance products and other services through a member-owned and -managed organization.